I know many of you will not be aware of the fact that there is "International Men's Day" too. Yes, tomorrow, on 19th November, there is International Men's Day. I extend my heartfelt wishes to you all on this day. I will also take an opportunity to share few of my honest thoughts on this occasion.
I don't know if anyone has told you this, but you are just beautiful the way you are. I think the word "handsome" is not that apt to describe you. You don't need to be 6 feet tall, with "Johnny Bravo" physique or have those 6-pack abs. All I want you to be is fit and confortable in your shape.
I understand that you too face so much pressure to look decent. But trust me, decency comes from behviour and not looks. And yes you can think improving on that front.
I think this whole concept of "masculinity" has done more harm than any benefit to you. Societal pressures, I believe, have contributed to boost your false ego. And in all this, it is conveniently forgotten that you too are human beings. But no, you don't even have a liberty to the basic human emotion, to cry, you have to be strong whatever be the situation. You are never given an opportunity to pour your hearts out. I guess that can make any person insensitive. You have forgetten how to respond to a situation. You end up reacting to it making things worse for you and the other persons as well. You are conditioned to suppress your emotions and that at times it breeds escapist tendencies in you. I will like you to consciously undo such conditioning and embrace your emotions as they flow in.
Your roles in our lives is always reduced to breadwinners, ATM machines who will provide us cash when we need, be there to protect us come what may. Though you are capable of all these things, I believe, you can do much more than this. I have seen you giving love and care to us. I have seen you doing best in cooking and all other so called "women's job". When gender biases kick in, its injustice done to you and us alike. Lets try to break these biases.
Also as mentioned earlier, you don't let out whats on your mind freely and frankly. That puts you in a potential threat arising from various mental illnesses. Your inabilty to express at times, leads you been taken for granted. Also some of you may fail to open up about the bad things that are happening to you and end up suffering alone from pain in silence. There is no need for all this. Just free your bottled-up emotions. And yes smoking and boozing are no ways out! Do all that stuff, but don't do it to run away from your thoughts and emotions.
Also, don't do things just because society expects you do them, do them only because you want to do them. Pursue your dreams and passion. Don't kill them for your parents or sacrifice it for someone else.
Last but not the least, be self-empowering, confident and passionate. Trust me that adds to your beauty. Never forget to wear that warm smile. Just try to be who you are, that will make you more humane and organic. Wishing you loads of love and support on this International Men's Day. Power to you!
🙌🙌🔥
ReplyDeleteSuper 😍😍😍
ReplyDelete👌🏻😍
ReplyDeleteThanks Pranoti.. it means a lot to us!
ReplyDeleteIt is really amazing what you have written. Very true in many respects for me at least.
ReplyDeleteIts nice thought .we must appriciate each others feelings with free mind.
ReplyDeleteGreat .keep it up...Adv Anisha
Very truly written from humanitarian angle.
ReplyDelete