In general I was taking stock of
life and I realized so much have happened, since my last birthday…..Life is all
topsy-turvy. It’s just a span of a year. Yet way too many things have happened that
I can recollect hardly few. Thanks to my poor memory!
This day that year, I was busy preparing
for my CSE Main exam. Food, Study, Health – were my only priority.
Eat-Study-Sleep-Repeat was my simple daily routine. I was so focused. I was
busy chasing my long cherished dream. I was content with that life. In short my
life was sorted, I thought.
Exams came and went. Honestly, I
was contemplating two outcomes of it – one, that I clear Main and focus on
interview and two, I take a break and get back to my profession to allow myself
to take things from different perspective. Everything was set. My preparations
for the former were full throttle.
New Year came and shit happened. I
failed to clear the CSE Main Exam. Though I anticipated it as one of the
outcome, clearly I was not well prepared to take this failure. Success and
failure are part and parcel of our lives. However, it is very sad and extremely
painful to watch your dreams crushing. Even today I don’t know why this happened,
why it had to happen that way and what course my life will take there on. Yet I decided to celebrate my failure. I went
out for dinner with my lovely sisters. We had night rides. It was amazing. I
thought that this reverse-psychology might help me come out of my failure. But
it did not.
I was not out of it. It was just
an exam yet I could not get over it. It may be thus because I had given it all,
all that was humanly possible for me. And so I was expecting things to happen
the way I want them to. But life is not about this. It is way too unpredictable
and beyond my comprehension at times. All you can do is try your best you can
never control the outcome of any of your actions. That’s the way life is. It
was one of the worst phases I have ever had.
Then I had too many nightmares in
during that period. I dreamt of someone killing me, me getting run over by some
heavy vehicles, profusely bleeding and bruised. Indeed I was depressed. I even thought
of getting some psychological help for that.
Around that same time I guess, I accidentally saw my neighbor burning himself down. He had committed suicide out
of depression. That incident too left deep impact on me. You cannot just take
your own life like that. Suicide is no option. Life is the best gift you can
ever get. It is precious and you just get it once. You got to make the best out
of it. Though negatively, this incident inspired me to take a different look at
my own life.
I am living a very privileged
life. I have home to live in. I have parents who always support and encourage
in whatever I do. I have loving family. I have been given education. Every damn
possible thing has been done for me to make me independent. Yet, at times I
feel depressed and get easily frustrated.
This life however, never fails to
surprise me. Just when I thought I will be just another jobless, unemployed
youth of this country, I got a job. It was indeed a new start for me.
Everything was new to me, people, work, environment…. I thought I could never
blend in this one and fail here as well. I was very skeptical and mostly
importantly cynical. Here again life surprised me. I met a good lot of people.
Each day I get to learn too many new things. I have done so many things I never
ever thought of doing.
In this journey of one year, I got an
opportunity to meet so many people. Life has taught me one very important
lesson. You think you know a person, you bank on them and they are one to leave
you first when you are in deep shit. People talk all good on media or even on
face. But never trust words, trust actions. There is this famous song “Sukh ke
sab saathi, dukh me na koi”…..However, life has also made me realise who are my
people. These are the one with whom I may not have daily contact, but they are
the one who will do every damn thing possible if I ask them to do so. They have
this faith and trust in me and I wonder why. They have been there with me and
for me ever since I was nothing at all. I guess it is my sheer good luck to
have these heads in my life. So the crux is life will bring you bad as well as
good. Just have little patience.
As of, I don’t clearly know what
I want from my life. I am clueless where it is heading. I also don’t know what
my dreams are or whether I should have one. Yet one thing is for sure, as long
as I have life, I know I have an opportunity and thus I have a hope and belief.
Till then I’ll try to make best out of what life serves me on my platter. It’s
better to be undernourished than starve to death!
I am really happy for you as you get out of negativity. I can completely understand how it feels as I have also gone through the same
ReplyDelete